7.27.2013

Sunrise

Yesterday Kylie and I woke up at 4AM for a sunrise photo session. I had envisioned thick fog covering an endless expanse of bright green cornfields. It wasn't a foggy morning, but we found a gorgeous location near a soybean field with the purple-pink sky changing colors as the sun rose behind us. It was magical. We met before dawn with tired eyes and our cameras and Mexican blankets and floral crowns in tow. I brought along a massive cup of iced coffee as we drove around, scouting locations. We listened to music and chatted easily about the past and the future. Once we found a spot, we hopped out and took photos with my 35mm camera from the 70s and a few digital photos as well. Here are some of my favorite digital shots. I'll share the 35mm photos once they're all developed.












We agreed to have as many photoshoots as possible before she and her little family move south to their new hometown. It will be so difficult to have over 1,000 miles of fields and small towns and highways between us. I'm soaking up these last few weeks of quality time with my best friend.

14 comments:

  1. These photos are stunning! Both of your hair colors look magical against that background. :)

    Lyric
    lyricalbits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are beautiful. And I hope you have a grand few weeks with your best friend!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these photos are gorgeous! Enjoy your time with your best friend! My family and friends all live over 1000 miles away and I never see them :( Sorry to be a downer!

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!! Sunrise is always full of magic. And you two are just drop dead gorgeous... not to mention look like identical twins!

    --K
    Accordion to Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. this place seems so magic <3
    you both are so beautiful ! :)

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous pictures and sounds like such a fun trip, I love having fun things planned ,I hope you get some more fitted in before you two are seperated

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are wayyyy to babe'in. I miss you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both look great!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. photography outdoor.... beautiful... green... and smart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that black & white jacket! Lovely photography. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So crazy, I actually went on a sunrise photo shoot with some friends last week, too! It's amazing to be up so early and view the day just beginning... it makes me feel really inspired! You ladies are stunners and I love these shots!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful photos, where is that black and white dress/top from? i love it!

    ReplyDelete